How to Watch/Unblock American Netflix on Amazon Fire TV in UK
Amazon Fire TV is a little box that can be connected to your HDTV. Once connected you will be able to stream American Netflix. The US Netflix version contains the largest library of all. If you own a Netflix account in UK, you can switch your Netflix region. Enjoy the more comprehensive American library. In order to achieve this, you need to change your virtual Netflix country from USA to UK. In this guide, you’ll find instructions on how to use VPN and Smart DNS proxies to bypass geographic restrictions. Unblock US Netflix on Amazon Fire TV in England.
How to unblock US Netflix on Amazon Fire TV in Britain using Smart DNS Proxies
Smart DNS proxies allow you to unblock streaming channels that aren’t available in your region such as US Netflix, WWE Network, Crackle, Vudu, Pandora, and many more. To make this possible, Smart DNS proxies rechannel some bits of your connection. Smart DNS has a list of other benefits.
- Smart DNS work on most devices including Amazon Fire TV without trouble.
- Smart DNS enables you to stream multiregional channels simultaneously. Hence, you can watch US Netflix, BBC Iplayer and CBC Canada at the same time for instance.
- Smart DNS does not alter your internet speed in any way.
- Using Smart DNS, you get to retain your local IP address. Access to local websites, therefore, is unaffected.
If you want to give a proper Smart DNS provider a try, check Unlocator. Unlocator provides you with DNS codes to unblock approximately 120 streaming services. Take a look at their setup guide on how to install Smart DNS proxies on Amazon Fire TV.
How change UK Netlfix to American Netflix on Amazon Fire TV in Britain using VPN
VPN, as opposed to Smart DNS, reroutes all your internet traffic through a server located in a foreign country. Once this is done, you will have access to all geoblocked content from that country. VPN has distinctive features itself.
- VPN allows you not only to change but also hide your IP address. Hence, you can now go online anonymously.
- VPN encrypts all your traffic and thereby protects you from anybody who tries to eavesdrop on your online activity.
- VPN is totally unaffected by DNS hijacking and transparent proxies.
- With apps that cover a large list of devices, you don’t need to be an internet techie to set up VPN.
Amazon Fire TV does not have a VPN client. Therefore you need to set up VPN on your VPN router. Alternatively, you can enable Network sharing on your computer and install VPN on it. We already have prepared an article which contains info and instructions on how to enable VPN on Amazon Fire TV.
Choosing a poor VPN provider can have a negative effect on your internet speed. Check out any of the three VPN providers below. All three have servers all around the globe. Additionally, they provide VPN apps for iPhone/iPad, Android, PC, and Mac.
30 days guaranteed money back
Free 3 Day Trial
30 days limited money back
List of American Channels on Amazon Fire TV
Amazon Fire TV’s channel list includes a lot of famous streaming services.
- Hulu Plus.
- Amazon Instant Video.
- Showtime Anytime.
- NBA Game Time.
How to watch American Netflix on Amazon Fire TV – The Bottom Line
Smart DNS, similarly to VPN, grants you access to all kinds of georestricted channels, websites, and apps. Hopefully, the article above provided you with enough info about both methods. In case you feel like you need further assistance, please let us know by leaving a comment below.