How to Avoid/Bypass NHL.TV Blackouts in UK
NHL.tv is probably the best way to watch your favorite NHL team in season, if it wasn’t for those annoying blackouts. Luckily, there are two ways which allow you to get around NHL.TV blackouts in UK. In this tutorial, you’ll find info and instructions about how Smart DNS and VPN help you avoid NHL.TV blackouts.
Note: Reading the full article is unnecessary if you have experience with Smart DNS or VPN. You can try Unlocator’s free 7-day Smart DNS trial. If you prefer VPN, give ExpressVPN a try. Choose a VPN server in a country where NHL blackouts don’t apply. Watch all the NHL games you want.
Avoid NHL.TV Blackouts in UK using Smart DNS Proxies
NHL.TV only shows out-of-market games. This means all games broadcasted by Premier Sports in UK are not shown on NHL GameCenter. Smart DNS lets you trick NHL.TV into thinking you’re streaming it from a location where the game is out-of-market. There’s no need for a new NHLTV subscription if you already own one. Once you set up your device with Smart DNS you’ll get to watch all NHL games you want with no blackouts. I’ve summed up Smart DNS benefits.
- Smart DNS mainly rechannels the geolocation bits of your traffic. This results in tricking online streaming services like NHL GCL to think you’re located somewhere else where no restrictions apply.
- Smart DNS doesn’t apply data encryption. As a result, there’s no Internet speed penalty.
- Smart DNS grants you the capability to watch geoblocked content from around the globe simultaneously. In simpler terms, watch NHL GameCenter with no blackouts, BEIN Sports, WWE Network at the same time.
- All your streaming devices are compatible with Smart DNS. Watch NHL.TV on iPhone, iPad, Xbox, Android, Apple TV, Playstation, and Roku.
When searching for a Smart DNS Proxy service, make sure the one you choose actually allows you to avoid NHL.TV Blackouts in UK. I’ve been able to watch all the NHL action live thanks to Unlocator‘s Smart DNS Proxy service. They do offer a 7-day free trial you can try. Also make sure you take a look at their videos and setup tutorials and 120 unblocked streaming services.
Bypass NHL.TV Live Blackouts in UK using VPN
VPN sends all your traffic to a VPN server located in a different country. By doing so, your streaming device will appear to be virtually situated in the country where the VPN server is located. Set up VPN on your device. Select a server in a country with no NHL GameCenter Blackouts. Watch all NHL games live and in HD. Brazil and Mexico are good examples of countries where blackouts are not imposed. VPN does offer further features.
- If you select a US VPN server, you can unblock all channels and content exclusively available in USA. US Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, WWE Network, Beats Music, Pandora, and Hulu can all be accessed in UK using VPN.
- Unlike Smart DNS, VPN does encrypt your traffic. This results in 10% Internet speed slow down. In return, you’ll benefit from additional online security and privacy.
- VPN changes and hides your IP address. Online services and websites won’t be apple to track you anymore.
- VPN does not suffer the same fate of Smart DNS when it comes to DNS Hijacking or Transparent Proxies. In fact, VPN will continue to unblock geoblocked content even if your ISP applies these policies.
VPN’s main disadvantages are the Internet speed slow down and its incompatibility on devices with no VPN client. Apple TV, Smart TV, Chromecast, Roku, Xbox, and Playstation are not VPN compatible. Setting up VPN on a VPN-ready router is the only solution to avoid NHL GameCenter blackouts on these devices. That or simply using Smart DNS.
Be careful when choosing a VPN provider. Poor ones can result in an Internet speed penalty that exceeds 10%. I’ve been using ExpressVPN for quite some time now. I haven’t experienced any issues with my Internet connection speed. ExpressVPN do offer a 30-day money back guarantee. Here are the top VPNs to bypass NHL Blackouts in UK.
30 days guaranteed money back
Free 3 Day Trial
30 days limited money back
Avoid/Bypass NHL.TV Blackouts in UK – Additional Stuff
NHL.TV is compatible with most streaming devices.
- iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch.
- Playstation (PS3/PS4/PS Vita)
- Sony Smart TV
- Apple TV
NHL.TV offers its subscribers great features.
- Live Broadcast
- Post-game replays
- Classic games
- DVR Functionality
- Home and Away Broadcasts
- Alternate camera angles.
- Multi-game views.
By avoiding those pesky NHL blackouts, you get to watch your favorite NHL team in action, no matter which team you support.
- Anaheim Ducks
- Chicago Blackhawks
- Boston Bruins
- Carolina Hurricanes
- Arizona Coyotes
- Colorado Avalanche
- Buffalo Sabres
- Columbus Blue Jackets
- Calgary Flames
- Dallas Stars
- Detroit Red Wings
- New Jersey Devils
- Edmonton Oilers
- Minnesota Wilds
- Florida Panthers
- New York Islanders
- Los Angeles Kings
- Nashville Predators
- Montreal Canadiens
- New York Rangers
- San José Sharks
- St. Louis Blues
- Ottawa Senators
- Philadelphia Fliers
- Vancouver Canucks
- Winnipeg Jets
- Tampa Bay Lightning
- Pittsburgh Penguins
- Toronto Maple Leafs
- Washington Capitals.
Smart DNS and VPN enable you to watch the full NHL season live online via NHL.TV. Watch all NHL games including play-offs and the Stanley Cup Final. Please do leave a comment if you have more questions about how to avoid/bypass NHL.TV blackouts in UK.