It seems that many Unblock-Us users have been suffering with Netflix lately. When attempting to change Netflix region to USA, they get a Netflix proxy error that states “You seem to be using an unblocker or proxy. Please turn off any of these services and try again.” That’s because of Netlix’s aggressive crackdown on Smart DNS proxy services such as Unblock-Us, Unotelly, and Overplay. Unblock-Us not working does not mean you have to press the panic button yet. If you’re having trouble trying to unblock American Netflix in the UK, or elsewhere outside USA, you’ll be happy to know that there are two solution that still work with Netflix: Unlocator and ExpressVPN.
Unblock-Us Not Working Netflix Proxy Error Fix 2017
30-Day Money-Back Guarantee
Unblock-US Not Working – VPN Alternative as a Netflix Proxy Error Workaround
In terms of the outcome, VPN, like Smart DNS, allows you to bypass geographic restrictions and watch geoblocked channels like Netflix USA in UK. However, VPN functions in a totally different manner. When connected to a VPN server, your IP address is hidden. The IP address which streaming channels see you coming from is that of the VPN server you are connected to. The problem with this approach is that once Netflix blacklists that IP address, you will not be able to use the same VPN server to change your Netflix region again.
As a result, many VPN provider no longer support unblocking US Netflix any longer. Of the few I tested, only ExpressVPN allowed me to change my Netflix region to USA. If there are other VPN provider that still allow you to watch American Netflix in UK, please let me know by dropping a comment below.
If you’re not that familiar with how VPN is setup and how it works, take a look at the bullet points below.
- You do not have to manually configure VPN on your streaming device. Instead, download and install a VPN app on Android, PC, Mac, iPhone, or iPad.
- Launch the VPN app and connect to an American VPN server.
- To check whether you have obtained a US IP address, visit a site like www.whatismyip.network.
- Given that you appear to be located in USA now, you can watch American Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu, ABC GO, HBO GO, Crackle, Discovery Go, using one VPN setup.
- As long as you are connected to the VPN server, all your traffic is encrypted.
ExpressVPN have their own VPN apps for PC, Android, Mac, and iOS devices. Their support team is available 24/7 and you are entitled to a full refund in the first 30 days of your subscription if their service does not live up to your standards.
Unblock-Us Not Working 2017 – Unlocator Netflix Proxy Error fix
Unlocator basically is a Smart DNS proxy service similar to Unblock-Us. Setting up your streaming devices or router requires the same procedures as with Unblock-Us too. The only difference, obviously, is that you need to use Unlocator’s DNS server addresses instead of those of Unblock-Us. Similarly, you can create a free 7-day trial with Unlocator to test their service before committing to any monthly or yearly plans. Unlocator support is pretty responsive and they reply to any inquiries within hours. To be fair, there had been a couple of incidents where I could not watch American Netflix using Unlocator in the last 4 months, but these issues were quickly fixed.
- All major streaming channels are support by Unlocator. Watch American Netflix, Hulu, HBO GO, Crackle, NBC Sports Live, Showtime, BeIN Sports, Viaplay, and many more.
- Bypassing blackouts imposed on MLB.tv, NHL.tv, NFL Game Pass, and NBA League Pass is also possible using Unlocator.
- All streaming devices are supported: PS3, PS4, Xbox, Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV, Roku, Chromecast, Smart TV, Android, PC, and Mac.
- The Smart VPN feature allows you to use Unlocator while connected to your mobile Internet connection as well.
As already mentioned, signing up with Unlocator is free for the first 7 days. You do not need a credit card to create an account either. Setup guides and video tutorials for most streaming devices are also available.
Netflix Proxy Error 2017 – VPN or Smart DNS Proxy Fix
If you’re more accustomed to Smart DNS, switch over to Unlocator to watch American Netflix in UK again. If you want to try a new approach to bypass the Netflix proxy error, you can use ExpressVPN, too. Each method has its own benefits to be honest.