How to unblock and watch US Netflix on Samsung Smart TV? The US Netflix region has by far the most movies and TV shows. If you live in UK, Ireland, Australia, France, Canada, or Germany, you can change your Netflix region to USA. To unblock American Netflix on Samsung Smart TV, use VPN or Smart DNS proxies.
Note: If you live in a country where Netflix is not available, you have to change your Samsung Smart TV Hub region after enabling VPN or Smart DNS on your Smart TV. This is necessary to get the Netflix app. Both Smart DNS and VPN have been tested on H-Series, F-Series, and J-Series Samsung Smart TVs. Both methods can also be used on Samsung Blu-Ray Players (BDP) to unblock US Netflix.
Unblock Netflix USA on Samsung Smart TV via VPN or Smart DNS Proxy
Netflix USA on Samsung Smart TV – Unblock with Smart DNS
The Netflix region you are allowed to access depends on your location. Smart DNS allows you to bypass regional restrictions and unblock US apps on your Samsung Smart TV outside USA. Once Smart DNS is configured on your Smart TV, you can watch US Netflix in UK, Canada, Australia, or elsewhere abroad.
- Smart DNS can be configured on all Samsung Smart TV models. No need to download any additional software.
- Your Internet speed won’t drop.
- Using a Smart DNS service like Unlocator allows you to switch between 25 different Netflix regions on your Samsung Smart TV.
- Smart DNS unblock most US apps on Samsung Smart TV. Watch US Netflix, Hulu, Vudu, Amazon Instant Video, and HBO GO outside USA.
- If your ISP use DNS hijacking or transparent proxies, use VPN to unblock American Netflix on Samsung Smart TV.
Signing up with Unlocator is free and does not require a credit card. Unlocator helps you unblock 214 streaming channels. Once you get your DNS codes, follow Unlocator’s setup guide.
US Netflix on Samsung Smart TV – Watch using VPN
You can also use VPN to unblock US Netflix and other American channels on Samsung Smart TV. VPN enables you to get a US IP address. This trick Netflix to believe you are located in USA. Once you’re connected to an American VPN server, you can watch American Netflix on your Smart TV in UK.
- Samsung Smart TVs do not have a VPN client. You have to configure VPN on your router to enable VPN on Samsung Smart TV. Alternatively, you can install VPN on your PC/Mac and then share the VPN connection with your Smart TV.
- Once the VPN connection is established, all American apps on Samsung Smart TV are unblocked. Unblock Netflix USA, M-Go, Crackle, Fox, Hulu, HBO Go, Crunchyroll, and Acorn TV.
- When using VPN, all your traffic is encrypted and sent to a secure VPN server. This process will slow down your Internet speed by about 10%.
- VPN is immune against DNS hijacking and transparent proxies.
You can use a VPN provider like ExpressVPN to change Netflix region to USA on Samsung Smart TV. The table below compares the best VPNs to unblock US Netflix on Smart TV outside USA.
Best US Apps on Samsung Smart TV
- US Netflix
- American Amazon Instant Video
- HBO Go
- Acorn TV
American Neflix on Samsung Smart TV – Smart DNS vs VPN
Using Smart DNS to unblock American Netflix on Samsung Smart TV might be the easier method. Using VPN has its own advantages when it comes to watching US apps on Smart TV outside USA.