How to Watch Showtime in UK – Unblock using VPN or Smart DNS Proxy
Showtime is a popular site where residents of the US can go and watch a selection of shows and movies for a monthly fee. If you live outside of the United States, then watching content on Showtime would be blocked for you. Showtime geoblocks every other country and does not allow foreigners to watch on their platform. Showtime supports devices such as iPhone, iPad, Android, Roku, and Amazon Kindle. So if you want to bypass the geographical restriction set on you by Showtime while living the UK, you can do so; either by using a standard VPN, or you can a Smart DNS Proxy. Both of these methods should do the job for you and they both change your IP address to one that is accepted by the servers of Showtime. So if you are living in the UK, you can enjoy the features of Showtime without having to be in the US.
How to Unblock Showtime in the UK using VPN
So the first and more simpler method is by using a straightforward Virtual Private Network, these are very popular nowadays and are reliable as well. What a VPN does actually is, it assigns your computer an IP address of the US so that even if you’re in the UK it would trick the servers into believing that you’re in the US. The mechanics behind it are straightforward and not difficult to understand. When you are using a VPN, you can also use it to unblock other sites such as Netflix, HBO Go, and KlowdTV for you. A VPN should easily be able to bypass the geographical restrictions and give you access to unblocked content on Showtime.
- First and foremost, sign up for a VPN that works for you, don’t look at the cost only; try to find one that fits what you need.
- After you have the software and drivers of the VPN, install them on all the devices that you want to use the VPN on; remember the VPN can be used on many devices including your PC, Mac, iPhone, iPad, and Android.
- One huge service you’ll get with the VPN is additional privacy and security for your browsing and streaming purposes.
One quality VPN available in the market is ExpressVPN, it comes with a thirty day refund policy and should be able to do your job of bypassing the geographical restrictions by Showtime. If ExpressVPN is not your cup of tea, there are still many other VPN services out there that should do your job just fine.
30 days guaranteed money back
Free 3 Day Trial
30 days limited money back
Watch Showtime in the UK using Smart DNS Proxy
The next method and less commonly used is the method where you need to do a little handywork; that is by using a Smart DNS Proxy. You will need to setup your network configuration yourself, but this method will bypass the geographical restrictions set by Showtime if done right. So, a Smart DNS Proxy works this way; it redirects the traffic coming to your computer to an IP address of the US, by doing this you are tricking the Showtime servers into thinking that they are sending their information to a computer in the US.
- Smart DNS Proxy can be implemented on many devices including your PC, Mac, iPhone, iPad, Android, Apple TV, and Smart TV.
- One of the problems that comes along using Smart DNS Proxy is that your ISP can hijack your connection and use transparent proxies to bring down your proxy so you cannot view content on Showtime.
- Now the major upside to using Smart DNS Proxy, is that your speed and bandwidth of your connection is not affected when in use.
- Another upside is that you do not need to change your virtual location when you want to unblock content on another site that requires you to be in a different location.
Unlocator is a Smart DNS Proxy that you can use for bypassing geographical restrictions set on you by Showtime. The service has a seven day free trial where you can test it out and see if it is fits your needs. This Smart DNS Proxy comes with support videos and guides to help you setup the service on the devices that you need it on including your PC, Mac, Android, iPhone, and iPad.
How to decide whether to go with VPN or Smart DNS Proxy?
The big question arises on whether you should go with VPN or Smart DNS Proxy, and only you can answer that. See what fits your needs and standards, and try to understand the pros and cons of each service and what it does. At the end of the day both services are going to work and they will both do their job, so it just depends on you and what you would rather prefer. VPN has a more secure connection with a faster startup process, while Smart DNS Proxy has a faster connection with a little more handywork.