US Netflix on Android in UK Watch via VPN vs DNS Proxy
Netflix has different libraries depending on which country you’re accessing it from. This means that the movies and TV series you get to watch on UK Netflix are not the same in quantity or quality to those included in the American Netflix version. In fact, UK Netflix is three times smaller in size compared to US Netflix, Furthermore, new movies and TV shows are almost always released first in the USA. So what can a person watching Netflix on Android from the UK do about this dilemma? Well, it’s possible to watch US Netflix in the UK instead of the British version. The question is how can you and I unblock US Netflix in Britain. Two methods allow you to bypass geographic restrictions and access the American Netflix library from the UK : VPN and Smart DNS proxies. In this post I will help you find out how Smart DNS and VPN are able to unblock American US Netflix on Android devices.
Note that if you already own a Netflix account, there’s absolutely no need to purchase a new one. Neither do you have to re-download the Netflix app. All you have to do is change your virtual country and thus switch your Netflix region.
Unlock US Netflix on Android in UK using VPN
As an alternative, VPN also allows you to unblock US Netflix on your Android device in Britain. The difference between VPN and Smart DNS is that VPN routes all your Internet traffic via a remote server of your choice. VPN has additional advantages.
- Once you choose an American VPN server for example, all US streaming apps won’t be geoblocked any longer.
- VPN is relatively easy to set up.
- VPN changes and hides your IP address. This allows you to surf the web anonymously.
- VPN also encrypts all your traffic to protect you from hackers, curious neighbors, or even agencies.
- Unlike Smart DNS, VPN will work even if your ISP uses Transparent proxies and DNS hijacking.
We’ve tested many VPN providers. The following table includes our favorite top three VPN providers.
How to watch American US Netflix on Android in UK using Smart DNS Proxies
Smart DNS proxies redirect the bits of your connection that show where you are located. That way you can trick Netflix into thinking you are accessing its service from USA instead of the UK. Thus, you unlock the American Netflix library in all its glory. Smart DNS proxies have a number of benefits.
- Smart DNS is extremely easy to setup and it works on nearly all devices.
- Smart DNS doesn’t affect your internet speed.
- Using Smart DNS proxies, you will be able to watch streaming channels from different regions at once. Unblock US Netflix and BBC iPlayer at the same time.
- Smart DNS proxies won’t change your local IP address. This is very important if you constantly need to access local websites.
As a person who’s always on the move, I use Unlocator a lot because of its list of 120 unblocked channels. If you want to find out how to use DNS codes on your Android devices check these videos and guides. Unlocator does offer a free 7-day trial.
Best Android Phones and Tablets for Netflix
The methods below, were listed to be working with all of the below. (Lollipop, Kitkat, or older.)
- Samsung Galaxy.
- HTC One.
- Sony Xperia.
- Google Nexus.
- Motorola Droid.
Best American Streaming Apps for Android
All the below channels should work with the listed fixes.
- US Netflix.
- Hulu Plus.
- HBO Go.
- Fox Soccer 2Go.
- Amazon Instant Video.
- USA Now.
- WWE Network.
- Watch ABC.
How to watch/unblock US Netflix on Android in UK – Smart DNS or VPN
While many people I know use Smart DNS codes to unblock American Netflix, others prefer VPN. Which method you choose is totally up to you. Hopefully, the info we provided above will help you make up your mind. Don’t hesitate to leave a comment in case you need further assistance.