Comcast’s Xfinity TV Go is one of the most popular American channels both in terms of live and on-demand streaming. However, Xfinity TV is geoblocked in the UK. As an American expat living in UK, you can use VPN and Smart DNS to unblock Xfinity TV Go. In this article, you’ll find useful information on how to use either method to bypass geographic restrictions imposed on US channels in UK or elswhere overseas.
Watch Xfinity TV Go in UK – Unblock with VPN/DNS Proxy
Note: This guide covers the basic information on VPN and Smart DNS, showing how to use them. If you are familiar to these approaches, then go straight to Unlocator. If you rather prefer using VPN, you can do it with ExpressVPN. When you’re connected simply choose the US server and you’ll have access to all your favorite shows.
Watch Xfinity TV Go Outside USA With VPN
VPN which is also known as (Virtual Private Network), changes your IP address to match a foreign region of your choosing. The way it works is that, when you change your location, it tricks Xfinity into thinking that you are in that particular area that you have chosen. VPN also channels all your Internet traffic to the region that you have selected, giving you the same availability of sites in that specific area.
- Setting up and signing up to a VPN is very simple. Select a VPN server abroad, and have access to regionally blocked content all over the globe.
- Protection from being monitored by governments and employees is also one of the features.
- VPN hides your IP address by masking it, making you anonymous online.
- Even if your ISP (Internet Service Provider) uses DNS hijacking or transparent proxies, VPN will still function.
You can choose one of the VPN providers below, the best suggested one is ExpressVPN. It does not keep logs of your activity online, and has no bandwidth limits. VPN supports these devices; iPhones, iPads, Android, Windows, Mac, and PC.
Use Smart DNS To Unblock and Watch Xfinity TV Go Outside the U.S.
Trying to access Xfinity outside the U.S. would show you a message saying; “Sorry Video is not available”. Smart DNS allows you to watch Xfinity TV outside of the US by configuring your DNS setting on your device. Doing so will unblock Xfinity and other geo-restricted channels. Smart DNS has so much more to offer you.
- Your Internet will not slow down while using Smart DNS.
- Smart DNS works with all streaming devices including Windows/Mac, PCs, iPhone, iPad, Android smartphones/Tablets, Xbox, and Smart TVs.
- You are able to stream from more than just one region at a time, like watching UK’s Now tv, BBC, in addition to Xfinity.
- You can hold on to your local IP while using Smart DNS, while getting access to geo-blocked sites.
- The main downside to using Smart DNS is that it will probably not work properly if your ISP uses DNS hijacking or transparent proxies,.
There’s a lot of Smart DNS servers to choose from, however one of the best is known as Unlocator which has around 220 unblocked channels. You can also take advantage of the free no strings attached 7 day trial. In addition to that, you can also find step-by-step video/setup guides.
Xfinity TV Compatible Devices
These streaming devices support Xfinity TV.
- Android Smartphones and Tablets
- iOS devices (IPhone/IPad/Mac)
- Samsung Smart TVs
- Windows PC
- Xbox 360
Xfinity TV GO Channel List
- Cooking Channel
- DIY Network
- Food Network
- Travel Channel
- USA Network
- CBS Sport
- Fox Sports
- NBC Sports
How to Unblock Geo-Restricted channels Outside the U.S.
The guide has covered the basic and most important aspects about VPN and Smart DNS. Two options were stated in this guide both effective ways of being able to open blocked channels in geo-restricted zones. You can choose any of the two depending on what you want. If you need more help to unblock Xfinity TV Go in UK, please leave your comments below.